28 August, 2005

Another Sunday Past

I finished most of my school work today. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped (mainly because they haven't put the information on the web yet) but I did get a fair bit done.

In comic news, the Myst V Comic from penny arcade is online, and amazingly enough, it has no swearing or gratuitous violence! Will wonders never cease?

Alright, I'm being a bit harsh. It's good to see that Gabe and Tycho are able to do something besides their usual shtick, and the lack of swearing was expected (considering the audience for Myst). I was actually expecting them to do a comic for Uru Live (or Uru Prime) when it came out as they had just recently begun doing comics for Ubisoft, alas they didn't. While the Myst V comic is much more toned down then what they normally do, it's also got no storyline or anything (as some of their earlier comics have). It's more of an advert then a comic, which I suppose is better then nothing.

I broke (and fixed) my greasemonkey installation (warning: do not update greasemonkey!) after installing an update. It's a great little extension for firefox, but it was a pain having to fix it in the first place.

In other news, I finished Lord Prestimion last night at 2:00 am. It was quite enjoyable, but I was beginning to get sick of having to use a big hardback paper-based book. I'll certainly be reading the next few books on my PDA. I read Flinteye's Vacation from Six With Flinteye by Sean T. M. Stiennon last night, and it was highly enjoyable. After reading the heavy Robert Silverberg book, it was nice to read a light-hearted romp. I've only got a couple more stories from the collection that I haven't read. But before I do read them, I've started reading Acorna. I've read it before, but I recently brought books 5, 6 and 7 (along with book 1 which had a 100% credit rebate) so it should be interesting to see how the cliffhanger from book 4 (if I'm remembering correctly) pans out.

As I've read in a couple of blogs, NanoWriMo is coming around once more, and Wes Platt of Join the Saga is going to be entering once more. Only this time it's going to be a little different, with him creating a novel with a partner creating another novel set in the same time period and involving some of the same events. They should prove to be interesting novels. He entered last year and finished with Red Eye Flight (which I still haven't brought yet). I read an excerpt of it and it was enjoyable, and I do plan on buying it. Wes Platt entering it, brings up the total of people I know who are entering to 2, with Sean T.M. Stiennon being the other. It'll be interesting to see if anyone else I know will enter it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Logan said...

I don't think that's the entire comic, I can only see one page.

1:14 am  
Blogger John Lynch said...

That's right. Comic 2 (I believe it's a 2-page comic only) should be published some time this week (I'm betting on tonight/tomorrow morning but it might be later. I'm guessing the second page is going to be much like the first (although I'd be pleasantly surprised if it isn't).

8:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home